1. Applications for a certificate of approval are made to the Chief Executive Officer stating the Standard(s) for which certification is being sought. The applicant is required to have and be able to demonstrate:
- The technical capability and resources required to meet the requirements of the relevant Standard(s) and CARES Operations Assessment Schedule.
- A management system as defined in the applicable CARES Operations Assessment Schedule which the Authority, in its absolute discretion, requires. The system shall be documented formally in a management system manual.
- A proven ability to manufacture, fabricate, install or supply products and to do so consistently to the Standard(s) covered by the Certification Scheme.
2. Applications for CARES approval shall include:
- A completed application form including a signed declaration.
- The appropriate application fee and other fees (Terms of Business).
- A management system (in form of a manual in any format and media), and where appropriate, documented information.
The procedures for application, assessment and maintenance of approval are detailed in the Certification Scheme Manual.